Recently, the UK Government released a long awaited White Paper, promising some big changes to rules around the rental market – affecting around 4.4 million households in England.
This includes plans to:
- Abolish Section 21 ‘no-fault’ evictions, that allow landlords to terminate tenancies without giving any reason
- Introduce a housing ombudsman to cover all PRS landlords, and provide redress for tenants
- Tenants will be given the right to request a pet in their home, which the landlord must consider and cannot unreasonably refuse
- It will become illegal for landlords or agents to have blanket bans on renting to families with children, or those in receipt of benefits
- For the first time, ending the use of arbitrary rent review clauses, and enabling tenants to be repaid rent for non-decent homes. This will make sure tenants can take their landlord to court to seek repayment of rent if their homes are of unacceptable standard
Alongside this white paper the government has also published six other documents including deeper research into the private sector rental market, deposit systems, guardianship and local authority enforcement amongst others.
If all this sounds a little daunting, rest assured that we make sure we comply with all current requirements when we are managing a property for you. Whether you’re new to property management or a seasoned landlord, we can offer you two comprehensive packages to help manage your property. In our last 6 monthly inspection, 100% of our portfolio passed with no major issues - we find great tenants.
We offer a Fully Managed Service – where you simply receive your payments, and we handle all the rest, including:
- Employment references checks
- Credit checks
- Previous landlord checks (if applicable)
- Inventory and schedule of condition carried out including photos
- Monthly rental collection
- Deposit collection and transfer to Deposit Protection Scheme holding account
- Regular inspection with written reports
- Management of all maintenance issues
- Monthly invoices
- Issue notice to tenants if and when required
- Final inspection upon vacation and return of deposit
We use management systems including Teclet, PayProp and FixFlo to keep everything on track. We have a helpine for any emergency repairs, so you’ll never get a call in the middle of the night. We have specialists in lots of areas on our books, from electricians to plumbers, locksmiths and more for prompt, trusted service.
Our other rental property service is our Tenant Finder Service, where we find you a great tenant, provide you with all the relevant information and hand them over to you to do the rest.
Pendle Hill Properties can make your life a lot simpler. Call now on 01282 772048 for more details!
You can see more about our Rental offer here: www.pendlehillproperties.co.uk/lettings
You can also check out our brochure here